Peaches are one of my favourite fruits – they’re soft, sweet, and SO versatile. They are fantastic in puddings but I like to keep them simple – there’s nothing easier that simply sticking a load of peaches in the oven! They’re nice and light, and pretty healthy all things considered. I like to serve them with creme fraiche, though they’re delish with ice cream if you’re feeling a little bit indulgent! :) You can use nectarines too if you prefer them.
For four people, you will need:
- 4 large, ripe peaches
- 8 tsp of dark muscavado sugar (approximately – you can use more or less if you like!)
- 8 tsp of chopped stem ginger (plus extra for serving if you like)
- Dessert wine or brandy
- Creme fraiche to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°c.
- Line a shallow baking tray with a layer of tin foil.
- Chop your peaches in half, and carefully remove the stones. Lay them out on your tray side by side, flesh side up.
- Pop a teaspoon of chopped stem ginger into the hole in the middle of each peach-half and lightly sprinkle about a teaspoon of muscavado sugar on top of each. You can add more if you like, or even add a little around the edge of peach.
- Pour about a tablespoon of dessert wine or brandy into each hole and carefully put into the oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Immediately before serving dollop some creme fraiche or fromage frais into the stop of each peach half (or add it right across the two peaches) and sprinkle with a little extra brown sugar or ginger.