I know it’s bad taste (and bad writing) to begin a recipe like this, but…phwoar.
I have a bee in my bonnet about salads. So after they’re sad, limp and pathetic — but they absolutely don’t have to be. I used my Super Secret Salad Formula to come up with this, and promptly buried my face in it. It’s filling, it’s delicious, and it’s totally good for you. It’s a salad for winter.
To serve two, you will need:
- A few handfuls of your favourite lettuce
- A couple of handfuls of cooked chicken, still warm
- 150g brown rice, cooked and still warm
- 60g halloumi
- Three spring onions
- The seeds from half a pomegranate (Ashley has a good video on how to remove the seeds)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Put the lettuce in a wide, shallow dish. Divide the brown rice and chicken evenly between the two plates, and toss to evenly combine
- Slice the halloumi into chunks and put over a medium-high heat in a frying pan. Fry for two to three minutes, until nicely covered, and sprinkle over the salad
- Thinly slice the spring onions. Sprinkle them, and then the pomegranate seeds, over the salad
- Finish with a good drizzle of the balsamic