Ashley shared her recipe for sweet potato fries, and I got very excited. I had sweet potato four days on the trot, and was trying it in everything. Sweet potatoes = DELICIOUS.
But you know me. I can never leave well alone. When I see sweet potatoes I think “That’d go well with chilli!”. But I can’t just serve sweet potatoes and chilli. I have to layer the sweet potatoes with the chilli and top with cheese to make some kind of lasagne…
In my defence, it was flipping lovely.
To serve four, you will need:
- three portions of your favourite chilli (this is a good basic chilli)
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- extra-mature grated cheddar
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C. Top and tail the sweet potatos, and slice them into rounds about 1/4 inch thick. Pop them in a large bowl, spray well with Fry Light/toss with a little oil and mix together so they’re well coated
- Spread the sweet potato rounds out on a baking tray so that they’re not touching and bake for 10 minutes on each side
- In a large ovenproof dish, spread over a layer of chilli. Top with half of the sweet potato rounds, covering as evenly as possible. Top with another layer of chilli, another layer of sweet potato, and finally a good sprinkle of cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and golden