Another week, another cookie recipe…
I have no defence, other than I really love cookies. And so should you. Cookies are delicious.
These are chocolate fudge cookies. The fudge melts in the oven, leaving chewy little melted pockets of deliciousness in these cookies. You could swop some fudge for chocolate chunks if you’d like, although I find the mild chocolate flavour of the cookies more than satisfying.
You will need:
- 225g of butter
- 225g of caster sugar
- 200g of condensed milk
- 250g of self-raising flour
- 50g of plain flour
- 50g of cocoa powder
- 200g of fudge pieces, or chopped up Cadbury Fudge bars as I used
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking parchment
- Cream the butter and sugar together, before stirring in the condensed milk. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder, then add the fudge chunks. Stir everything together until you get a wet mix
- Take large tablespoons of this mix and put them, well spaced apart, on the baking tray
- Bake for 17 minutes, until the cookies are just golden at the edges.
- Leave to cool for a minute on the tray, then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat until you run out of dough.