This is a lovely little side dish – I often have it grilled fish or chicken and new potatoes. It’s a really nice way to do courgettes – especially if you have it with some fresh parmesan. The quantities below are for one person because I tend to do it in a little stoneware dish but you can very easily scale it up to serve lots of people. Feel free to add slices of tomato too if you want to jazz it up a bit!
For one portion, you will need:
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 clove of garlic (or two if you’re a garlic fan!)
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of mixed herbs
- a handful of grated fresh parmesan
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°c.
- Dice your courgette and pop into a small oven proof dish.
- Peel your garlic and chop finely. Add it to the courgette.
- Throw the herbs on top and drizzle over about a tablespoon’s worth of olive oil. Mix together in the dish until the courgette slices are well coated.
- Grate some fresh parmesan on top (as much or as little as you like) and pop into the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the parmesan is lightly browned.
- Serve with your choice of mains!