When I’m sad, I like nothing more than a big plate of food to distract me from how I’m feeling.
When I’m comfort eating I need three things. I need it to be delicious, I need it to be quick and I need it to be healthy (The amount I comfort eat, if it’s not healthy I’d be the size of a house). Fortunately this big plate of pasta has all three.
If you’re not comfort eating and just want something delicious, serve this with a big mixed salad. If you are comfort eating, load this with parmesan cheese.
To serve four (doesn’t reheat well):
- 140g fusilli
- 300g bacon, cut into strips
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 300d sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions
- Fry the bacon, onion, mushrooms and garlic for five minutes or so. The mushrooms should have just started to soften and the bacon should be crispy
- Put the eggs in a mug with a good pinch of salt and black pepper. Beat with a fork
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the bacon and mushrooms. Remove from the heat, pour in the eggs and stir until they thicken and coat the pasta