Raspberries and white chocolate are natural partners – the tartness of the berries with the sweetness of the white chocolate is truly a match made in heaven. I love to make these delicious raspberry and white chocolate muffins in the summer when the berries are at their best, but they work just as well with frozen raspberries!
You will need:
- 150g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 150g white chocolate
- 280g plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 250ml milk
- 60g butter, melted
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°c.
- With a sharp knife, cut the raspberries in half and chop the chocolate into rough chunks and set aside. If using frozen raspberries then defrost and leave whole.
- Sift together your flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Add both types of sugar and mix well.
- Whisk together the beaten egg, vanilla, milk and melted butter. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid. Mix well.
- Very gently fold in the raspberries and white chocolate, being careful not to break up the raspberries which are very delicate – this is particularly important if you’re using frozen raspberries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins are golden. An inserted skewer should come out clean.