The best recipes are the ones that you can throw together in no time at all and feel like a kitchen goddess for because they are so delicious. This is definitely one of those recipes.
This is a perfect summer lunch. The only thing you have to cook is the pasta, which means you don’t have to slave away in a baking hot kitchen to make it. It’s lovely and light, so you won’t feel full and bloated. The vegetables are in season. Oh, and it’s utterly delicious. Did I mention that? Delicious.
To serve four, you will need:
- Four tomatoes, as firm as you can get them
- Two yellow peppers
- Two green peppers
- 1 onion
- Fat free vinaigrette
- 250g wholewheat pasta
- A couple of large handfuls of baby spinach
- Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Dice the skin, and put it in a bowl. Then dice the peppers and the onion and add them to the bowl, too. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss together. Set aside
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan according to the package instructions. Drain well. Tear the spinach into smaller pieces and add to the hot pasta, stirring to wilt it
- Mix everything together. Serve with a twist of black pepper