I am obsessed with peanut butter – it’s one of my favourite things in the world. As a kid, I ate peanut butter and jam sandwiches like they were going out of fashion, and even now I keep a jar in my desk at work in case I have a craving. These peanut butter cookies are absolutely foolproof – they’re so simple and SO tasty, yielding perfectly soft, chewy, melt in the mouth cookies every time. You can throw in some chocolate chips too if you feel like jazzing them up.
This is a generous recipe that will make approximately 30 cookies.
You will need:
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 of cups plain flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Cream together the butter, the peanut butter, the white and brown sugars.
- Add the 2 beaten eggs and the vanilla and beat well.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over the creamed mixture and stir until well combined.
- Chill the dough mixture in the fridge until it is easily handled. Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet (or baking tray if you don’t have one).
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes until light brown and slightly cracked. Be careful not too cook too long or they will lose their chewiness! Cool on a wire rack and carefully slide off the cookies when cool.
- Delicious served with milk! :)