I love burritos – they’re so tasty and filling! I also love a good hearty chilli, so it was only a matter of time before I tried to combine the two! These chilli burritos are a tad sloppy so I would recommend eating them at home – ideally with people who won’t mind getting sauce all over their faces!
For 6 portions, you need:
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 or 2 peppers, diced
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of three bean mix in water
- 1 can of butter beans
- 1-3 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- cheddar, grated
- sour cream or natural yoghurt
- 1 avocado, mashed (or some guacamole)
- salady stuff (if you fancy)
- 6 large wraps (go as big as possible!)
- Pop a dash of oil or cooking spray into a large saucepan on a medium heat. Chuck in the chopped onions and fry until golden brown. Add the mince and cook until browned.
- Add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the pepper, chopped tomatoes, chilli, cumin, and paprika and stir. Cook for 10 mins and then season and taste. If you want more chilli, add more chilli – remember, you can always add but you can’t take away so be sparing at first!
- Pop the beans into a colander and rinse them thoroughly. Add them to the chilli and stir. Cook for another 15 mins or so on high to reduce it. Stir frequently.
- When you’re ready to serve, warm your wraps for 15 seconds in the microwave.
- Lay out the wrap, add a ladle full of chilli, and top with dollop of sour cream, some cheese, and your avocado! You can add salad too if you fancy.
- Wrap it up carefully and stuff it in your face! DO expect it to go all over your face and hands. That’s part of the fun, I promise!